Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- Last week I wrote about how getting 1% better each day is the best way to approach personal development.
- Per a recommendation from my grandma (shoutout to Mimi), I started reading The Brain That Changes Itself. It’s a book on the neuroplasticity of the brain and I found it SUPER fascinating so far.
- I loved this episode of The Impact Theory Podcast featuring Brendon Burchard. Burchard is a household name that I’ve never really check out until now but he dropped some absolute KNOWLEDGE in this conversation about how to be successful.
- I’ve been loving the Hip-Hop Evolution series on Netflix. I learned so much about Dr. Dre’s making of the Chronic and Nas’s making of Illmatic, two absolute gems in the history of rap music. Definitely worth checking if you’re a fan.
- Some inspiration: hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- Get a chuckle to close out your weekend watching this ref practice giving technical fouls before a game.
Quote of the Week
“Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it. Slap into it every stray thought that flutters up into your brain.”