Welcome back to The Weekly Six-Pack where I share the six best things I’m enjoying, thinking about, and experiencing each week.
Quote of the Week
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.”
– Deepak Chopra
Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- This week, I had Scott Leese on the Millennial Sales Podcast where Scott talked about his come-up in sales. Plain and simple: nobody was going to outwork him. There’s also a giveaway if you listen to the first few minutes. Subscribe here on Apple, Spotify or YouTube.
- I’ve been reading the cover off of Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount. he nails the basics on prospecting and has had me fired up to hit the phones this week.
- Famed investor Chris Sacca drops some simple wisdom on how not to cold email people.
- Wow. I just found out about a new docu-series on Netflix called “The Playbook”, with 35-minute episodes on famous coaches. It’s amazing. The first episode with Doc Rivers made me laugh, tear up, and get me fired up all at the same time. If you’re a leader (or aspire to be), check this out.
- Who to follow: My guy Shamus Noonan has been pumping out some great content from Crunchbase the past few months. Give the dude a follow.
- To get you ready for the week… listen to Colin Powell break down how to be a great leader in under 3 minutes.
This month’s challenge: name 1 thing you’re proud of each month. At first glance, this may not even seem like a challenge but rather something you can do in your sleep.
But that’s not really how my brain works.
I’ve spent an hour this morning – and each Sunday – going through my goals, how I fared last week, what I have ahead for this week and how I’m pacing to my longer-term goals. There’s not a lot of time spent patting myself on the back.
Something tells me that you might be similar in this way.
So this month, let’s switch it up a bit.
Let’s keep that grind going and keep working hard.
But let’s pause, reflect, and give ourselves a thumbs up for one moment each day.
Who’s with me on this?
PS – I’ll be sharing this (and more) on Instagram, so come hang out.