Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- Last week, I wrote about the antidote to fear, uncertainty and doubt. Some practical advice for staying positive and making the most of our current situation. People also seemed to enjoy this riff on believing in yourself.
- One silver lining I’ve found the past few weeks is the reinvestment in my LinkedIn relationships. I’m re-reading The Start-up of You by Reid Hoffman and finding some great nuggets on how to continue networking in a digital world. I even joined a few virtual happy hours.
- A few great friends of mine launched new projects this week. Ryan Warner’s Wrestling Changed My Life unveiled part 2 of the Dan Gable Podcast Documentary and Jed Collins launched his book Your Money Vehicle.
- If you want to get heavy, this podcast with Darryl “DMC” McDaniels was incredible. McDaniels shares a little-known story of surviving serious mental health issues and suicidal thoughts – yet does so with charisma and humor.
- I’m listening to Jordan Peterson’s 12 Rules For Life while I do my house chores. During writing, I’ve been jamming out to the Black Keys 2014 album, Turn Blue.
- For some timeless wisdom in less than 50 words, Seth Godin reminds us not to waste today.
Quote of the Week
“Having courage does not mean that we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage mean we face our fears. We are able to say ‘I have fallen but I will get up.'”
– Maya Angelou