Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- Last week, I wrote about getting paid to learn. Especially early in your career, you want to put yourself in as many positions to learn as possible.
- How prepared are you to start over? The Daily Stoic pondered this question and it hit home with me.
- When people ask Steven Pressfield what he does in-between books, he says “there should never be a ‘between books'”. He shows a level of intensity and obsession that most aren’t willing to bring to the table.
- “Start small, think big, scale quickly.” SPANX founder Sara Blakely talks to Tony Robbins about turning a few thousand dollars into a $400M business. She also explains how she remains feminine amidst a male-dominated business world.
- I’ve been jammin’ to the Boys and Girls album by Alabama Shakes.
- Need something to watch while you’re quarantined at home? Try rewatching Goodfellas (amazing). For those with a food fix, the Chef’s Table documentary series is great and I dug the recent Sean Brock episode.
Quote of the Week
“Extraordinary benefits accrue to the tiny minority of people who are able to push just a tiny bit longer than most.”