Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- Last week I wrote my Sober January exploration. February’s challenge? Cold showers! Follow along the journey on Instagram.
- Last Sunday, the passion of Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter took us by surprise. Here are a few Kobe resources to check out. I loved his poem, “Dear Basketball” and his write-up on Obsession. RIP.
- I started listening to Thinking In Bets by poker legend, Annie Dukes. Stop thinking of life as a chess match with all of the answers in front of you – it’s much more like a poker hand.
- I dug this episode of the Broken Record podcast with Bon Iver. I’ve also listened to Nas’s legendary album “Illmatic” about 17 times all the way through in the past few weeks.
- I thought this article on moderators vs. abstainers was particularly interesting as I am rounding out my Sober January path. I feel like I’m kind of a mix of moderator and abstainer depending on what the vice is. What are you?
- Seth Godin tells us how to get lucky.
Quote of the Week
“When you meet someone new, treat that person as a friend.”