Welcome back to The Weekly Six-Pack where I share the six best things I’m enjoying, thinking about, and experiencing each week.
Quote of the Week
“if you can walk you can dance, if you can talk you can sing.”
– Zimbabwean Proverb
Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- This week, I had Jake Dunlap on the Millennial Sales Podcast. I loved Jake’s perspective on choosing growth over money and how to become a “student of the game”. Subscribe here on Apple, Spotify or YouTube.
- I’ve been obsessed with reading Endurance, the story of Ernest Shackelton’s journey across the Antarctic. Talk about a great way to put my 1st world problems into perspective.
- Check out John Barrows’ appearance on the Gong podcast and how he describes “personalization at scale.”
- Many of us are mourning the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the impact she had on the world. I found this article from Vogue about her relationship with her husband to be inspiring.
- Who to follow: Jesse Itzler is one of my favorite follows on Instagram for entrepreneurship, health & tips on living life to the fullest.
- This may seem like a random recommendation, and it is, but you should absolutely try Tia Lupita hot sauce if you see it in stores. I’ve been putting it on everything I’ve eaten except oatmeal this week.
After two weeks of onboarding and training, I was able to hit the prospecting trails this week and go into Outbound Mode.
Prospecting is one of my favorite things to do as a salesperson. It’s the thrill of the hunt. It’s the fact that so many of my peers ignore it. It’s the feeling of turning nothing into something – a feeling that’s not all that different from writing this blog.
One interesting note from a small sample size: I used the exact same tactic of asking 2 CEOs to introduce me to the right contact. One added him to the chain and we set up a meeting. The other forwarded it to that contact, who said this was “poor form”.
Lesson learned: there’s no silver bullet. Keep testing, keep trying things, and keep tinkering with quantity & quality to get the right mix.
Let’s get after it this week.