Hey Folks! Tommy “Tahoe” Alaimo here from Millennial Sales. Welcome back to The Weekly Six-Pack where I share the six best things I’m enjoying, thinking about, and experiencing each week.
Quote of the Week
“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.”
– Gore Vidal
Here are the 6 things to check out this week:
- The podcast now has a new format. We still have our long-form interviews on Wednesdays, but I’ve added a short-form conversation with a millennial seller each Monday. A tale from the field to take into your week. The first episode is with Carolyn Dorricott, Sr. SDR at Gong. Subscribe here on Apple, Spotify or YouTube.
- I also had Larry Long Jr. help kick off 2021 with strong goal-setting.
- In case you missed it during the holidays: I had James Nielsen, CEO of Vendition talk about his path from Engineer to Sales Leader to CEO.
- I enjoyed joining the Surf and Sales Podcast with my friends Scott Lease and Richard Harris.
- I got some great reading in over the holiday break. Matthew McConaughey’s Greenlights was really good. I also enjoyed Seinfeldia, which gave a deep history of one of my favorite shows.
- Who To Follow: Penelope Yamauchi is someone to keep an eye on in 2021!
I wrote a few weeks ago about throwing your resolutions in the trash and picking one word for the year. I’ve picked (and begun living) my word for the year: Soul.
I want to do everything this year with Soul. I want to write with Soul. I want to speak with Soul. I want to laugh, love, sell, run – and drink whiskey with Soul.
Soul and fear are mutually exclusive. If I’m living with Soul, I’m not afraid of failure or what others think. I’m not multi-tasking, I’m not self-conscious, I’m not playing it small. I’m here, I’m present, all of my chips are pushed to the center of the table.
I’ll bring Soul to my new role at Gong (that I start tomorrow!). I’ll bring Soul to my blogs and podcasts for you lovely humans. I’ll bring Soul to my personal relationships, my health, my faith, and everything else I can think of.
2021 is the year of Soul for me.
What’s your word for the year?