#67 – If You Want To Be A Winner, Do What Winners Do | Monday Motivation From Vince Lombardi
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:05 — 12.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
“Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
– Vince Lombardi
I know a lot of winners in this world. Whether it’s people in my family, colleagues or athletes and celebrities that I use as virtual mentors, they’re easy to spot. They have a certain aura about them. People want to be around them.
The reason they’re so easy to spot is that it’s really hard to be a winner. As Vince Lombardi stated in the above quote, winning is not a sometime thing. And it’s not something that happens by chance. It’s developed by habits and traits developed meticulously over time.
Here are 26 traits that I’ve seen are common amongst the winners in my life:
1) They are disciplined in all areas of life.
2) They treat others well, regardless of who the person is.
3) They are humble. They remove their ego.
4) They are the hardest workers in the room.
5) They know their priorities and stick to them
6) They show up early, respect other’s time
7) They visualize success
8) They wake up early
9) They prioritize their wellness/health
10) They persist until they succeed
11) They become masters of their craft
12) They don’t take “no” for an answer
13) They turn obstacles into opportunities
14) They know success & wealth are a LONG journey
15) They invest in themselves
16) They don’t dwell on failures or successes
17) They set goals and stick to them
18) They are problem solvers
19) They are genuinely curious
20) They are authentic
21) They can handle pressure-packed situations
22) They have grit
23) They have empathy for others
24) They have a tremendous sense of humor
25) They associate with other winners
26) Winners WIN
The last one, “winners win” is important. It means they don’t just win in one category, they take their winning mindset and apply it to every important area in their life – personal, professional, family, health, etc. That’s why guys like Jesse Itzler can run 100 miles, have a strong relationship with his kids and wife and also be a wildly successful entrepreneur.
Which of these traits do you embody? Which can you improve on? It’s time to go be a winner.
Sign up for the weekly Millennial Momentum Newsletter. No BS, All hustle